
So yesterday we had the in-laws over for dinner. I had found these recipes from "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" website that I REALLY wanted to try. So our menu consisted of:
and a tossed salad (no recipe needed).
So I have to admit I took my normal Sunday nap and so while I intended on starting prep work for this meal at 4pm. Well that was when I woke up. So I was already a bit behind from the get go. But these meals were SO easy. I have to admit I also had to clean my kitchen before I could start cooking so again it put me a little behind. But dinner was literally on the table by 6pm. Really the only thing that I had to rush was the prep work for the corn casserole. Here are my reviews.
The sandwiches were actually really easy. I love that her site has step by step instructions with pictures! SO nice!!! I missed the part where you are suppose to brown the butter between the onions and putting the beef in. But it was still tasty. I was hesitant because this recipe uses SO much butter but it was very tasty and didn't feel greasy at all (that is until you clean the pan after going for a walk and the left over sauce is caked onto the pan). But it was a very good dinner and everyone raved about it. I only used about 4 or 5 shakes of Tabasco but the next time I'll probably add more. I just wanted to be cautious. It was an easy recipe and my manly man and his father AND mother both thought it was excellent. However, I did make an alternative meal for the youngins.
The corn casserole was another hit! Everyone loved it. I cut her recipe in half and it was perfect for 4 adults. I would have probably added more salt (she doesn't give a measurement for the salt and so I went shy on the salt just because it's easy for people to salt and pepper once on their plate). But overall it was SO good. It was kind of a pain to cut the corn off the cob and my shoulder was a bit sore after that. But I was also in a huge hurry and did quite the hack job on it. But again it was easy to follow her recipe and the end result was delicious!
And here's the proof:
The sandwiches were actually really easy. I love that her site has step by step instructions with pictures! SO nice!!! I missed the part where you are suppose to brown the butter between the onions and putting the beef in. But it was still tasty. I was hesitant because this recipe uses SO much butter but it was very tasty and didn't feel greasy at all (that is until you clean the pan after going for a walk and the left over sauce is caked onto the pan). But it was a very good dinner and everyone raved about it. I only used about 4 or 5 shakes of Tabasco but the next time I'll probably add more. I just wanted to be cautious. It was an easy recipe and my manly man and his father AND mother both thought it was excellent. However, I did make an alternative meal for the youngins.
The corn casserole was another hit! Everyone loved it. I cut her recipe in half and it was perfect for 4 adults. I would have probably added more salt (she doesn't give a measurement for the salt and so I went shy on the salt just because it's easy for people to salt and pepper once on their plate). But overall it was SO good. It was kind of a pain to cut the corn off the cob and my shoulder was a bit sore after that. But I was also in a huge hurry and did quite the hack job on it. But again it was easy to follow her recipe and the end result was delicious!
And here's the proof:


1 comment:
The Pioneer Woman also has this "coyboy nachos" recipe that looks amazing. I showed it to Aaron and he said I had to make them. When I do, I'll take pictures and post a review.
Post a Comment