So this is a recipe that I came up with last night. It was really yummy and is a great summer recipe because you could grill the chicken on the grill and it was nice and light. So here it goes.
Lime Chicken and Pasta
2-3 Chicken breasts
Newman's Own Light Lime Vinaigrette
Chicken Broth (Optional)
1 lb Pasta (I used Penne Rigate)
2 Green Onions
Hellman's Mayonnaise
1 8oz can Pineapple (Tidbits or chunks) drained
Soy Sauce
Olive Oil
Place the chicken breasts in a ziplock baggie and cover with the Lime Vinaigrette. Let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator (I let mine go for like 2 days because plans kept changing).
Preheat a large pan to med to med-high heat. Add olive oil. When oil is heated add chicken breasts. Cover and let cook through turning once. (Mine took about 10 minutes to cook but it could take longer or shorter depending on the thickness of the chicken breast). Once cooked remove chicken from pan and let rest on a cutting board.
When you put the pan on to heat for the chicken begin a pot of broth or water to cook the pasta. Prepare pasta according to the directions making sure to cook it al dente. (Soggy pasta in this recipe wouldn't be very good.)
Remove pasta and drain. Place in a serving bowl and add mayonnaise in with the pasta. I didn't measure but just used a LARGE spoonful and made sure it evenly coated the pasta.
Next slice the green onions thinly and add to the pasta and mayonnaise and mix well. Add the pineapple. Slice the chicken and add to the pasta mixture. Once the ingredients are all mixed together add a few shakes of Soy Sauce toss to combine and serve.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That looks so yummy - I'll have to try it soon. :)
Post a Comment