Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pizza Soup

So my boys LOVE pizza. I can live with or without it (except when I'm pregnant because then I crave it). So one of my friends gave me this recipe for Pizza Soup. We tried it last night and it was SO good. And since it is soup weather I hoped someone else would enjoy this recipe.

Pizza Soup
1 Family Sized Can of Tomato Soup (or 2 regular sized cans)
1 Clove minced garlic
Diced Onions
Sliced mushrooms
Sliced Bell Pepper
Italian Seasoning (to taste)/ Basil (I prefer just dried basil)
Meat Balls

Prepare soup according to directions on the can with water. Add all the ingredients and "toppings" in the same pot and let it simmer to your desired temperature.
The longer it cooks the better it is. (Alternatively you could put it in the crock pot on Sunday morning and have it for dinner that night.) Top with cheese.

Anyway... the good thing about this recipe is that it fits almost any regular pizza toppings you like
You could add cooked sausage,Canadian Bacon, pepperoni, olives etc.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

yeah, soup weather. It's 5:17 here and the A/C is running. UGH! It's never going to be winter!