Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lemon Chicken Not-Potpies with Poppy Seed Crust

I found this on the Rachael Ray website here.

I like pot pies, but only the filling, so this recipe was perfect for me. I messed up on the crust; you can see a little bit of it next to the bowl. The recipe says "1 sheet puff pastry." Since the puff pastry comes in layers, I thought it meant one, individual layer as a sheet. Really it means all the layers combined into one sheet. The crust was definitely burned. This is when a picture with the recipe would have helped. :)

My modifications - I used dehydrated onions and carrots. I almost used fresh carrots, but I had the dehydrated ones that didn't require cleaning, peeling, and shredding. Also, I used 2 c. of chicken stock, 1/2 c. whole milk because that's what I had on hand.

It was really good and filling and my husband gave it the "It's a keeper!" approval.

1 comment:

manda carol said...

Mmmm, that looks really good. I can't wait to try it when my kitchen isn't completely packed up. :)