Sunday, August 16, 2009

I'm a slacker.

I haven't posted in so long. I'm such a slacker, but this week we have been trying new recipes, so I'll post a few of our favorites. It's so hot in Az we are using the crock pot tons.

Crockpot Bar-B-Q Chicken

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts ( I threw them in frozen)
1 1/2 cups tomato ketchup
3 Tablespoons brown sugar (I put in one more who doesn't love brown sugar?)
1 Tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon Soy sauce
1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more if you like it spicy.
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

combine all the ingredients for the sauce in the slow cooker. Add the chicken, try to coat it well with sauce.

Cook on high 3-4 hours, or until chicken is cooked all the way through.

Shred or cut up the chicken, mix until everything is coated with the sauce, serve on your favorite roll.

I served it on those potato bread hamburger buns. It was yummo! Sorry there are no pictures...buy the time I'm done preparing the food all I want to do is eat it!) We had enough for our family (4) plus left overs for lunches, but if you have a larger family or lots of hungry teenagers you might want to double it.


No comments: