Unfortunately, I don't have the recipe anymore, but I do remember the ingredients, so you just have to put it together and taste along the way.
Black beans (abt. 1/2 can)
Tomatoes (1 good size, chopped)
Onions (a TBSP or so chopped; I used dehydrated onions from the cannery)
Feta cheese (abt. 1/2 the 6 oz. container)
Avocado (1, cubed, about the size of the tomato pieces)
Lime juice (abt. a TBSP)
Lemon juice (abt. 1/2 a TBSP)
Pepper (freshly ground; to taste)
Cheddar cheese (optional; I sprinkle it on the tortilla before I add the black bean mixture only if we already have some shredded, if it isn't, I forgo this step)
Tortillas
This is what the mix looks like after two days in the refridgerator. On the first day, the avocado pieces are pretty much still intact, after a day, they tend to mix with everything, looking like a chunky guacamole.

I suggest to not use the entire can of black beans, unless you're feeding quite a few people. I used the whole can, two tomatoes, two avocados, etc. and the mixture completely filled my 1.75 qt. pyrex container. We're still eating these four days later. :)
When cooking, I found it easier to fold the tortillas in half because it gets messy if I try to flip them.
This is also pretty good as a dip, but it's not really a wet dip; it's more of a chunky dip. You could add salsa or sour cream to make it more of a wet dip, or just make it a day ahead.We warmed up some corn on the cob from the previous day, and got some grapes from the fridge, so this was a really quick meal. Even my almost 1 1/2 year old ate it, black beans and all, though I suspect she thought they were raisins at first.
2 comments:
Mmm, that looks tasty. I think I may make that tomorrow for dinner (get it prepped tonight). You know T anything fried with black beans is good for him. That's funny about E. Can't wait to try it!
So I made these yesterday. I made a few variations. I added a dash of cayenne pepper and used pepper jack cheese. They were very tasty. That feta cheese adds such an interesting twist. The only way they could have been better is if the avacado I picked had been more ripe. But the recipe itself was delicious! Thanks!
Post a Comment