Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer Salad ala Rachael Ray


I found the Sweet Peach Chicken and Greens recipe on the Everyday with Rachael Ray website. It looked good, but we didn't have any peach jam, nor did we have any Dijon mustard. I cooked the chicken in honey, yellow mustard, and a couple spoonfuls of orange juice concentrate. Since I used orange juice for the chicken, I used mandarin oranges instead of peaches for the salad. I had a green pepper, so I used the green instead of the yellow. It was a good, easy, and light meal. I'm glad it was adaptable for what we had on hand.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

that sounds and looks fabulous. I can't wait to try both versions.

Linda said...

That looks really good and healthy. I love different kinds of salads because I always get stuck making the same kind.

manda carol said...

Mmm, that does look good. Maybe I'll have Tj make that for dinner tonight. (lol)